Fertility & Endocrine Associates is excited to offer INVOCELL, a new FDA-approved, intravaginal culture system that offers a more natural alternative to traditional in vitro fertilization (IVF).
What is INVOCELL?
Just as in traditional IVF, a woman takes fertility medication to stimulate production of eggs. When the eggs are mature, they are retrieved during a simple outpatient procedure, and combined with sperm to facilitate fertilization.
Instead of incubating embryos in a fertility lab, they are placed in a small device that is carried in the patient’s vagina. Incubating eggs at body temperature in this manner mimics perfect culture conditions.
After the incubation period is complete, the device is removed and the best embryos are transferred into the uterus. Additional embryos can be cryopreserved (frozen) for future use.
Benefits of INVOCELL
• Requires lower doses of ovulation stimulation medication, though fewer eggs may be retrieved
• Less costly than traditional IVF, requiring fewer office visits
• In vivo (in the body) culture provides more stable, natural conditions for embryo growth
• Embryos are protected from environmental toxins
• Embryos may be of better quality, with possibly higher pregnancy rates
• Patients may feel more connected to conception because embryos are carried in their body
To find out if INVOCELL is right for you, call us today at (502) 897-2144.